Thursday, March 19, 2009

When did this happen?!?

Remember when you bought your first cell phone? I do. It was about ten years ago. At some point, that phone has basically become an important part of my life.

I'm sure you've been there. When it's not with you, there's a moment of panic. Frantically searching your purse, phone, or couch, looking for that small piece of equipment that does have the capability of letting a caller leave a message. Heaven forbid you miss that call.

I had the realization this week that I'm beginning to have the same attachment to my laptop computer.

It's in the shop, and these last few days I have definitely been "off." I never realized how often I turn to the internet to pass the time. You don't know how many times I've reached for my laptop, only to realize, it's not there.

Ultimately, it concerns me just how dependant I've become on an electronic to keep me entertained. It makes me think, maybe the "experts" are on to something when they talk about kids and their dependence on computers and video games.

So, I'm going to take my laptop free days as a blessing. I have several books that I need to read. The last time I picked up one of those was, well, right before I got my computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment