Monday, March 16, 2009

March Madness

This is the time of year that I really get into basketball. I love the NCAA tournament! More importantly, I love beating my friends in the brackets.

No, it's not my superb knowledge of college hoops that always puts me at the top, or near the top, of our pool. I rarely follow basketball until March. Actually, I don't, unless the Badgers are on an amazing winning streak and frankly, that hasn't happened since I was a bright-eyed college student.

My unique method of choosing teams is what usually has me in the top three. You see, I choose my teams based on themes. The year I picked the winner based on what team colors I liked better...second place! The year I picked based on which mascot I thought could beat up the other...I was third. For the record, I would have done better that year had I not kept my faith in UW-Wisconsin. Clearly, a gator would beat a badger.

For you die hard sports fans, this may sound silly. I know it is, and I'm the first to laugh at it. But for someone who likes filling out the brackets, but has no idea of any team stats, this has become very entertaining for me.

This year, I think I'm going to stick with my mascot theme. That said, LSU has a good chance. Clearly, a tiger could beat a bulldog, there's Butler in game 1. And, I think a tiger could beat a tarheel as well. That's game 2. I haven't sized up the rest of the competition, but with my method, I doubt there's few mascots that would beat a tiger.

1 comment:

  1. You should have organized a newsroom bracket challenge... Too late now... As sports director, I know it's my responsibility... I blew it...

    ReplyDelete