Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Social Networking Sites

Anyone who has known me more than six months, knows that, well, until six months ago I was adamantly opposed to Facebook and all social networking sites. I always thought, don't we fall out of touch with people for a reason? What do I possibly have to say to someone I sat next to in middle school?

It was only when a friend told me that they had reconnected with many former colleagues, that I started to reconsider. So, I signed on.

Now, I can't get enough. I check Facebook like I check my email. Sometimes, I check my email to check my Facebook. Never have I found an easier way to pass the time! Who would have thought that knowing my high school prom date is "sick of the snow" could give me hours on entertainment.

I was having so much fun with Facebook, I checked out Linkedin. Yep, have an account there. That led to Twitter. I've been known to tweet now and again, though I really don't get the point. Does anyone really care that I just finished watching Oprah or walked my dog, Butters?

Regardless, this is quickly becoming the easiest way to get in touch with people, and I am glad I finally jumped on the bandwagon.

No comments:

Post a Comment