Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Grandma's Half Marathon

I am in! Come June 19th, I will be running 13.1 miles along the beautiful north shore. The course for Grandma's marathon has to be one of the most beautiful races in the country. It follows the tip of Lake Superior, in Northern Minnesota.

I've run this race, both the half and full, for several years now. Every year, it's been HOT! But that is why I love training in Louisiana. Hot for Minnesota, is beautiful spring day for Louisiana.

This year, I plan to run for time. I've never done this before and am a little nervous. I'd like to run the race in under 2 hours. I'm a standard 10 minute mile runner and usually finish in about 2 hours 10 minutes. That means I really have to shave some time off each mile. Fingers crossed for my training....

No comments:

Post a Comment