Monday, March 1, 2010

2010 Olympics

The Vancouver Olympic Games are now over and in my opinion, this year did not disappoint! Would you agree? I love the Winter Olympics to begin with, remember, I grew up in Minnesota. Hockey, ice skating, snowboarding, yes, even curling, all were apart of my upbringing.

My favorite sport, snowboarding! Maybe it stems from my dreams of being a pro snowboarder, when I was a kid. I bought the board, boots, bindings, and gear. On the first day, I could not even stand on the hill. It was so bad, a friend who was teaching me, just gave up. He said, "I can't even help you." That was the push I needed. The next time, I was carving down the hill.
Problem is, I could never get over my fear of the jumps. Alas, my dreams of Olympic gold were squashed. But, I still love to hit the slopes when I get a chance.

I can't talk about the Winter Games without talking about hockey. I really didn't pay attention to the men's USA team until the final game. But when I did, I remembered why I love hockey so much. It's probably the most dramatic sport. I went to a high school where hockey was THE sport. When I watch the olympic games, it reminds me of when my entire school would cheer on our team during the state tournament. Fun!

I love the warm weather of Louisiana, but it's times like this that I miss hitting the ice or the slopes for some winter weather fun....

No comments:

Post a Comment