Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Where are the cheese curds?

The past two weekends have been busy. From Festival International in Lafayette, to Jazz Fest in New Orleans, it feels like I've been driving all over the state.

I was pleasantly surprised by both events. Great music, great food, and beautiful weather. You can't go wrong, especially when natchitoches meat pies are involved. Those are the best!

But, if I could add one thing to festivals in Louisiana it would be Midwest fair food. I'm talking cheese curds, chocolate chip cookies, pronto pups, homemade french fries, and mini donuts.

Yes, it is a heart attack waiting to happen, but the food is so good, I'm salivating just thinking about it. It's so good, I've been contemplating a trip back to MN, just so I can eat all my favorites at this year's state fair. You can point and laugh now, but don't be surprised if I'm away a few days at the end of August.

No comments:

Post a Comment