Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Lesson Learned

As I write this blog, I am in pain. Pain like I've never felt before! You may have experienced it once or twice before, or maybe you've dealt with this every summer.

Yes, I am talking about sunburn. The worst sunburn of my life!

My back is one shade lighter than the red shirt I'm wearing. I call it a reminder of Memorial Day weekend 2009.

I went to Pensacola, FL with some friends and had a lovely time at the beach. But, dang those clouds. I didn't even think to put on sunscreen, partly because, I have never burned and partly because, it basically looked like it would rain at any minute.

Lesson learned! From this day forward, I will have that 30 spf with me rain or shine. But just in case, I'll have a nice big bottle of aloe to go along with it.

A sidenote.....I wouldn't be surprised if you saw my colleague, Lauren, writing a similar blog. She's just as red as I am. Misery does love company and at least I'm not suffering alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment