Saturday, April 4, 2009

To Texas I Go

I'm officially on vacation for one week, but this isn't any vacation. I see it as work away from work.

Let me explain. I'm heading to an NPPA conference in San Marcos, TX. Some of the best reporters and photographers in the country will lead this workshop. It will be five days of seminars, critiques, and reporting.

I'm looking forward to this for many reasons. First of all, I believe you can always learn, no matter what stage of the game you're in. Secondly, I haven't reported for quite some time, because of the early morning shift. It'll be good to get back into the swing of things. Also, my mentor and favorite reporter of all time, Boyd Huppert, will be at this workshop. If I can, one day, tell a story half as well as he, I'll be in good shape.

See everyone in a week!

No comments:

Post a Comment