Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Back to Work

I'm back to the daily grind at work. The trip to Texas was great! Not only did I learn from some of the best journalists in the business, I got to go on some pretty cool stories.

I visited the "Cowboy Capital of the World" in Bandera, TX. A cute little town that really did resemble the old west, at least the old west that I've seen in the movies. The town is supposedly haunted. I'm not necessarily a believer, but i spoke to several people who have had "encounters."

My favorite story took me to a vineyard in Driftwood. The owner, Gary Elliot, had just lost his entire crop. What surprised me was he was so nonchalant about the loss. For him, losing crops just came with the territory. Luckily, he was still doing well because of his winery.

By the way, the wine was excellent! I'm not a big wine drinker, but I loved the Super Texan red. If you're ever in Driftwood, I definitely recommend checking it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment