Monday, December 7, 2009

That was a cold run!

Ran my first Louisiana half marathon this past weekend.

It can be summed up in one word....COLD!!!!

I'm from Minnesota and I've never run a race in 30 degree temperatures. There is just something about Louisiana, where it feels colder than it actually is. It must be the humidity.

Emily Turner and I finished in the expected time, two hours, 9 minutes, 20 seconds. I'm so proud of "Turner Time." That was her first half marathon, and she did great.

In fact, she ran better than I did. We probably could have finished earlier if we went at her pace, but my old bones started to ache, and I got a cramp in the last few miles. I do wish they had more water stations available in the last half, but maybe that's something the organizers will consider next year.

Emily's already talking about doing the Mardi Gras halfer, I can't commit until my knees stop hurting.

No comments:

Post a Comment