Thursday, October 8, 2009

Successful 10 miler

I ran a ten mile race this past weekend in Minnesota. The race went wonderfully!

Trust me, it is difficult to wake up at 4 a.m. and prepare to run for an hour and a half. Sometimes I wonder why I do it. It seems crazy right? Why pay around $50 to run, when you can do that for free at home? I will say, it does give you a big sense of accomplishment.

Trust me, there are times when I want to quit during each run. In this race, mile 5-6 were awful! I kept weighing my options about dropping out, knowing I wouldn't, but I definitely thought about walking. I pushed passed it, and the rest of the race was smooth sailing.

I finished in 1:38:42. It was actually about a minute or so faster than I expected. I usually am a consistent 10 minute miler. The next race, is in December here in Baton Rouge. I'm gonna push for a faster time, but we'll see it is 13.1 miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment