Sunday, July 26, 2009

Talk about inspiration....

Every once in awhile, my job gives me get the privilege to see some really amazing things. Last week, I met a teenager who has more talent than I'll ever have.

This kid, from Beaumont, Texas, is an excellent drummer and he does it all with no arms! He uses sweat bands on his arms to hold the sticks. He's in his high school marching band and plays a mean snare. But, he has another challenge to overcome. He also has a prosthetic leg, yet he marches right along side his bandmates. His director told me, Tre Donte (that's his name) never complains and always pushes others to succeed.

He's definitely had to work for his success. Tre Donte said he practices two hours a night and at first he didn't even know how he'd be able to hang onto the sticks. He tried rope and bandanas, but it never worked.

This story made me think about all the things I've quit, because I thought they were too hard. My guitar is still sitting in my room with dust, same as my key board. My golf career lasted about a week. Maybe it's time I gave it all another go.

No comments:

Post a Comment